Suggestions & Fixes

MinionKing

Suggestions & Fixes

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey Devs just wanted to suggest some stuff.

Events

OnPlayerSpawn
OnPlayerEnterVehicle
OnPlayerEnteredVehicle
OnPlayerExitVehicle
OnPlayerLeftVehicle

Functions

player:GetMoney()
player:SetMoney(int amount) (Associated With The Money Hud)
player:GetArmour()
player:SetArmour(int)
player:AttachObject(objectid, position table{x = float, y = float, z = float}, rotation table{x = float, y = float, z = float})

Others

Us able to change the wallpaper when The Player Connects to the server

Fixes

Reduce the range of vehicle blips.
Include libmysql.dll in the server package default cause some of us need it. :P
When connecting to our own servers via the server list the game crashes.
idk why but driving a vehicle all of a sudden it will stop no accelaration nothing.

0 x
No-Half-Measures
Developer

Re: Suggestions & Fixes

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:58 pm

For the most part accepted although

The below probably won't be a thing until much latter on as it is deemed non-important and also isn't currently even possible since the player does not exist until they are in the servers pool AKA at OnPlayerConnected by which point is too late, not to mention other issues with it.
MinionKing wrote:
Us able to change the wallpaper when The Player Connects to the server

I'm confused by this, you can simply set them as ShortRange (which is fixed in the upcoming 170929 build) otherwise they are considered global blips, they also will only display for as far as the entity it is attached to display distance is set to.
MinionKing wrote:
Reduce the range of vehicle blips.

Was fixed as soon as you mentioned it in scripting last week and was packaged in the latest build too.
MinionKing wrote:
Include libmysql.dll in the server package default cause some of us need it. :P

The blow issue is not that connecting to your own local server is crashing the game but rather that it failed to connect for whatever reason, likely because port-forwarding hasn't been done correctly thus connecting to a dead end. Although that in itself shouldn't crash and should give back feedback thus will look into fixing that.
MinionKing wrote:
When connecting to our own servers via the server list the game crashes.

I do not have this issue myself, although your description is rather vague and offers no way to reproduce it through the same methods.
MinionKing wrote:
idk why but driving a vehicle all of a sudden it will stop no accelaration nothing.

Also in future BUG reports and Suggestions should be posted separately and not in the same topic.
0 x
MinionKing

Re: Suggestions & Fixes

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm confused by this, you can simply set them as ShortRange (which is fixed in the upcoming 170929 build) otherwise they are considered global blips, they also will only display for as far as the entity it is attached to display distance is set to.
What i am trying to say is if we attach a blip to all the vehicles and if someone has so many vehicles spawned in the game there will be too many vehicle blips on the minimap even if we set the ShortRange to true lets say the radius is 100 meters as of now it will show all the vehicles in the given radius hence 50 or more vehicles too many blips if you shorten the range of the radius to lets say 40 meters it will reduce blips.....
Yes i am familiar the server devs can make a system where the closest vehicle to the player will be shown etc but i think by default the radius should be decreased cause i have tested this and so many blips on minimap.
I do not have this issue myself, although your description is rather vague and offers no way to reproduce it through the same methods.
[mention]Calabresi[/mention] defined it in his thread pretty much what i mean.... aka
If you try to change a vehicle's position via Vehicle class' SetPosition(), it makes the vehicle undrivable. You can get in, but the vehicle will not move.
In detail what i meant was that whenever i entered the vehicle it would not start wont be able to drive it. i will have to change multiple cars before 1 eventually starts and i get to drive it rarely it will go some distance and stop aswell leaving me back to not be able to drive that car again. Sometimes the 2nd vehicle i enter will start and i can drive it however the first vehicle never starts or is driveable
0 x

Return to “Suggestions”